Sunday 11 December 2011

A self build diary

Right, I'm about to start a self build project in Huddersfield, west Yorkshire and I though I would diarise the process, right here!

I will set the scene, we have purchased a plot, between a fifth and a quarter of an acre. The plot has planning, which is perfect for us! And we have just completed on the land. I'm not a manual person, so I'm going to project manage with the assistance of my architect and builder.

This is the first time I've ever done anything like this so watch this space.

I'm going to make some bold statements:

- we will live in this house before Aug 2012
- it still won't be finished though!

To top all this we have a baby due in the middle (feb) so its going to be a busy few months.

I will return with site photos and progress reports and hope that you will share in my success and failiures on the way!

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!