Tuesday 20 December 2011

Self Build Diary - Day 9 - underfloor heating overload

Well thanks to a good friend I have been full briefed in underfloor heating and all types of screed!

Who new that there were so many different types! And why does it have to take so long to dry!!!

So we are looking at concrete screeded system on the ground floor and a dry fit system upstairs.

So I have learned a lot today, I have learned that there is still so much I don't know! I'm glad I have good people around me I can trust! Architect, structural engineer, builders, contractors and most of all I have met people who have done this before, not least as recently as people who I have met and spoken to since setting this log up.

I can see why so many people get their fingers burnt in doing something like this as it is and absolute minefield of information, detail and skill. Some of this skill and talent can only be executed by professionals who have done the job and been trained to do the job! Its those people who I now rely on and it's toes relationships that will determine the success of this project.

Am I daunted....... Of course not!! I'm excited and I'm ready to learn and learn fast!

Still no news from the electricity board! I'll badger them again tomorrow! I think I'll get more luck buying them at a game of festive monopoly!

Neil

1 comment:

  1. Hi friends,

    Underfloor heating is easily the biggest growing sector of the domestic heating industry. it is only recently that the general public have become aware of the benefits that can be gained from such a system. These heating systems is unobtrusive, with no visible pipe work. This allows walls to be easily decorated. Thank you...

    Electric Floor Heat

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!