Wednesday 14 December 2011

Self Build Diary Day 3 - wind and heras fencing don't mix!

Not a lot to report today although the high winds and the heras fencing don't mix!

After 30 mins of picking it up and weighing it down, I felt a sense of satisfaction! Until tomorrow......

On Monday I had a lengthy dialogue with the steel benders (for the raft foundation) who said that the steel was done but would take two days to deliver (I.e. Wednesday) but they kep saying it would be there on Friday! A discussion ensued regarding how long 2 days is, there was me thinking that a day was an internationally recognised unit of time, however it would seem that in the world of steel bending, this digit of time can vary depending on who you speak to.

The steel should be with us on Friday we agreed, however the delivery driver rang today and said it will be with us tomorrow.

With nothing happening on site today an important lesson has been learned! No matter how organised you are no matter how well you have planned, there will be someone or something that can and will happen that is out of your control. Even the length of two days is up for question if you get the wrong person on the end of a phone!

I'll let you know if the steel turns up!

Neil

1 comment:

  1. Before starting a work, I always make plans and execute it but at the end I found hurdles from the other end.
    Heras Fencing Hire

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!