Wednesday 21 December 2011

Self build diary day 10

Busy day today at work but in between all of this I have:-

- rung ce electric 12 times - returned calls zero!
- organised to meet the electrician over the new year.
- chased down a could of window quotes
- confirmed to the scaffolder that we are going to tent
- discussed with the builder and the architect whether we should go with the Ufh between the joists or on a floating floor.

The last point there is quite a tough one and needs to be decided before we start, if we go for the floating floor, the installation costs are lower, the scheduling is easier but the doors need lifting up by 35mm and the stair calcs change, we also lose 35mm height in the rooms.

Needs some thinking about!

So thats about it for tonight! Not much to report I'm afraid, I hope to have completed all the chasing this week so I can plan next week! At some point I'm going to have to jump down a drain too with a camera to find out where our connections are, but at least it will make for sme good blog photos!

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!