Tuesday 10 January 2012

The Self Build Diary - Day 30 - electrical negativity

So CE electricity sent their contractors to site today to excavate for the connection, ready for it to be connected tomorrow.

Be warned self builders, I have not had this subject explained properly as such when CE failed to do something I didn't realise, which means that when we have the connection tomorrow we still can't use it!!! Which is most annoying!

When I payed CE electric for my connection in November they should have raised an mpan number which would have alerted my electricity provider to the fact I was having a connection fitted, they should then contact me to install the meter at the same time as CE install the connection. Did CE ask for the mpan......yes, did they check it had been allocated.....no. As such I had to get it today, which means I can get the ball rolling tomorrow, which may be another fortnight for electricity!!!

Luckily I have a contingency in a borrowed generator which will keep us ticking over!

I will be writing to CE to express my dissatisfaction at their service, a letter I'm sure they will just throw in the bin, but it will make me feel better!

Other wise a positive day of steel construction on site, some finishing touches to this and then some shuttering tomorrow.

Connection to the electricity grid tomorrow, even though we cant use it!

So the moral of today's blog, always check that everything has been done even if u think it has!!!

A frustrating day bat it's not the end of the world and we have a plan B!

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!