Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Self Build Dairy - day 24 - it's not the weather to be a builder

Well the weather in Huddersfield has been pretty poor again today! Which is making our decision on the tent the build seem like a better bet! (see day 2 for my garbled rationale on tenting it http://theselfbuilddiary.blogspot.com/2011/12/self-build-diary-day-2-to-tent-or-not.html) The weather in this beautiful part of the country is changeable So we can expect the unexpected. The cages for the raft beams are being built, which will form a 400mm beam around the outside of the raft, then we will have a 200mm slab on top of the beams to finish the substructure. Been talking all things plumbing today I am looking at a viessmans boiler, does anyone have any feedback for me on this seemingly trivial decision but it won't be next winter when the boiler isn't working! So it seems like not a lot has happened today but I do have a day job to fit in between the house build! So I'm off to site tomorrow to meet the architect so stand by for a photo extravaganza tomorrow! Neil Www.twitter.com/neilgrimshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!