Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Self Build Diary - day 65 - my first bit of project managing

So the scaffolders have not let me down, well they have! But I expected them to let me down so I'm not let down. I will attempt to make more sense!

They were meant to be finished on Monday, then they were meant to finish today. Any way they will be back on site tomorrow to finish.........or to let me down further!

Anyway I managed to get the builders on site today to crack on with their bits, so today was a success overall! I would love for the scaffold to be fully sheeted tomorrow as we have been very lucky with the weather!

The builders have been in setting out, which is an almighty task in its self! Mortar is being delivered tomorrow so hopefully we will have some structure down and a tented scaffold by the end of tomorrow!

this scaffolding firm is on site however, so I'll prepare to be disappointed! But there are conversations to be had about totting up the penalties incurred!

If anyone is thinking of getting a scaffolder in the Huddersfield/Halifax area, don't use this firm! I won't name and shame them, incase they come and take it all away!

So apart from the obvious a good day today, I'll get some photos of the scaffolding up tomorrow, it's big!

It's mrs Gs due date today which has whistled past unremarkably, so fingers crossed for some action on that front soon!

Neil @neilgrimshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!